Entry Requirements - International
International students may be admitted in accordance with Government and The Institutions policies and can apply directly to The Institutions for admission. International students will be admitted in compliance with the ESOS Act 2000 and its Regulations 2001.
International students seeking admission to The Institutions must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of Orientation on-campus.
In addition to a completed Application Form, international students will need to provide certified/attested copies of their passport, academic records and any official examination certificates as well as evidence of their English Language Proficiency.
English Language Proficiency
- An overall IELTS band score of 6 or higher for a higher education program and 5.5 or higher for a vocational education program; OR
- A TOEFL score of 550 or higher (paper based test), 60 or higher (internet based test) for a higher education program and a minimum score of 527 (paper based test) or 46 (internet based test) for a vocational education program; OR
- An ISLPR (International Second Language Proficiency Rating) with an overall rating of 3; OR
- A Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic score of 50 (or higher) for a higher education program, and an Academic score of 42 (or higher) for a vocational education program; OR
- Sound Achievement of Year 12 English in an Australian School; OR
Visit the following websites links for more information on the examinations:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ISLPR)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
International applicants from native English-speaking countries including New Zealand, South Africa, the British Caribbean Islands, Canada (except French-speaking areas), Ireland, Israel, the United Kingdom and Kenya, are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. HOWEVER, please note that applicants from English-speaking nations must still meet the English subject prerequisite required for degree studies.
The Institutions will ensure at all times that they comply with the requirements of the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students which have been developed under the ESOS Act 2000 and its Regulations 2001.
For further information refer to the ESOS Framework Fact Sheet